Saturday, April 23, 2016

Stressing what need not be stressed.

I always find it amazing that we are so freaking HUMAN. Seriously we never go a day without doing something or saying something stupid. We live on the edge of our humanity and live out these mediocre lives like they mean something. Chances are my life will never turn up in a history book and neither will yours because frankly we will never do something significant enough to get there.

So why in the world do we stress about it so much????

I live a "normal" life, married kids, education is important etc. etc. etc. but honestly I'm struggling and FIGHTING for something greater. I want kids who embrace life and live because its a great thing and who want to succeed because others are watching but more importantly because it's a great thing to be accomplished. I want them to go with gusto into the world making a difference and acknowledging that things can be better than they were....... nothing has to stay the same but honestly........
                                                 I'm not communicating that to them.......

You see I'm showing them that life is stressful that making hard decisions is burdensome, that carving a wedge out in this selfish world is nearly impossible. I really need to stop doing that.
            I need to lead with confidence, make decisions without fail and stick to my morals and gut ..... I need to stop and listen to what my kids have to say and consider that when I fail to make time to show them how to function I'm just teaching them to stress about what doesn't need to be stressed.

I've always admired the "calm ones" those mothers that never raise their voices and swear that the good Lord made them so at peace with motherhood that it didn't bother them that the kids were ill behaved, the laundry never ceased or that their husbands were so lazy and irresponsible that they shouldered 95% of life at home alone because God expected them to. (don't get me wrong I didn't admire the people that caused her life to be so stressful just that she seemed to manage it so well) But honestly I will probably never be that kind of woman. I just don't have it in me to "chill" to the point of being taken for granted on that level.

Here's what I do know though and maybe they know it too that's why they seem so chill.....

John 16:33 says, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world"

Basically God's saying yep it's gonna be a crap shoot but honestly I have got this..... I've overcome it so you don't have to overcome it. The winning has already happened you just have to navigate the maze with My wisdom.

How many times have I come upon a problem and instead of praying and deflecting to scripture I've just tried to figure it out. How many times have I failed to show my children how to do that?

2 Timothy 1:7
       For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
Psalm 16:8
       I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With Him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

  Wow I must be living apart from the Spirit most of the time cause I will duck and dodge a fool in a heart beat and I really will avoid those phone calls if I don't feel strong enough to deal with them.

SERIOUSLY am I teaching my CHILDREN ANYTHING??????

One of the most important things I think we seem to forget is that God is always teaching us....

Psalm 119:71
      It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees.

I am slowly finding that the more I feel burdened by the world I am seeking refuge in the knowledge that God has to give in scripture but I can honestly say I am not communicating that effectively to my children.......

Luke 12: 33-34
       Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.


I want my kids to have a kingdom mind I want them to know that the world is already gotten! The things that happen here are just a phase, a temporary condition, a right of passage if you will and I want them to know that God expects us to accomplish this journey by leaning on Him.

The next time I have to deal with something worldly I'm going to remind myself that it's already been taken care of and I'll handle it with that mindset. I'll also do my best to remind myself that self discipline is part of the Spirit and if I am in Christ than He is in me! I am going to take this lesson I've learned and I am going to apply it........

GOD KNOWS WE ARE ABOUT TO GO ALL JESUS UP IN HERE....... CAUSE THERE'S A BIBLE VERSE FOR EVERYTHING..............

If that makes me a bible thumper I'll take that and wear it like a badge 'cause heaven knows when you stand tall as a woman somebody somewhere is already calling you a bitch, so you might as well be a bible thumper too :)

I am determined that my boys will grow up to not be a burden in this world but a true benefit to those around them. I want them to be Men in the biblical sense, not boys stuck in transition away from the Almighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment